Recruitment Marketing Public
Building relationships with and nurturing candidates is an integral part of the recruitment marketing process. Recruitment Marketing makes it easy for you to engage candidates through email - on a one-to-one basis, or in bulk while maintaining that personal feel.
- Deliver personalised, on-brand emails to individual candidates or a list.
- Notify your candidates of recruiting events, relevant job opportunities, and more.
- Send them links to your Recruitment Marketing pages, and track their interaction with the emails you deliver.
- Send emails manually, or create a Workflow to trigger an automatic send.
Creating and sending a basic email
You can create and send a short, plain text note to an individual candidate as follows:
- From the side menu, under CRM click Candidates.
- Use the search options to find the relevant candidate.
- Click the candidate's name to open their profile.
- Click the Email tab.
- Select a saved reply if required.
- Compose the email. A tool bar is available for text formatting and includes the Personalization drop down with merge fields.
- Click the Send email button.
If the candidate replies, you will receive an email notification to your company email account.
Sending emails in bulk
Creating a list of intended recipients
In order to contact multiple candidates simultaneously, you must first group those candidates into a list.
For more information refer to Creating a list.
Creating the email
- From the side menu, under CRM click Emails.
- On the Emails page, the following Email Type's are available to select from the drop down:
- Campaign - intended for a one-time send to a candidate list
- Job Alert - informs candidates who have opted in that a job that matches their requirements has becomes available
- Workflow - an email to be saved for future and continuous use. A workflow email is sent automatically, triggered by a candidate completing a particular call-to-action.
- Candidate Conversation - an email sent to an individual candidate direct from that candidate's profile screen
- Candidate Verification
- Enter a name for the email campaign.
- From the email type drop down, select Campaign.
- Select a theme - these will be filtered based on the email type selection.
If a theme displays as Preview not available, you can add one by editing that theme via the side menu. The Plain theme is a simple, plain text template that works well for messages that are intended to be viewed as having been created for each, individual candidate; such as a personalised invitation to apply for a specific job or to attend an upcoming event:
A company-branded theme includes rich media (logo, image, etc.) and works better for messages relating to more general announcements or notifications, for example:
- Click the Save button to continue.
Configuring the email
On the Edit email page, the tabs that display vary depending on the email type selected.
The Recipients and Send tabs are only visible when the email type is Email Campaign. Job Alerts and Workflow emails do not require it as these are sent automatically to those candidates who have opted in or completed a specific action respectively. The Candidate Conversation email is also excluded as the recipient of this is selected.
- Under the Edit tab, you may edit the body of the email by hovering over the individual text and/or image blocks and clicking the Edit Block icon.
- All email themes are configurable. Hover over the various content blocks (highlighted below) to make changes to your theme. You can also change your email layout by selecting a new theme from the drop down in the top right, next to the Upload Photos button.
Note: To change the background image you would need to edit the theme.
- When you are happy with the contents of the email, click the Next Step button in the top right corner.
- Under the Settings tab, configure the following:
- Name - this will pre-populate but can be changed if required
- Subject - this is a free text field
- From - select the sender from the drop down
- Preheader Text - this is optional but can be useful to provide candidates with a summary of what's inside the email. This will display in the user's inbox if used, otherwise the beginning of email will display.
- Click the Next button to continue.
- When type is Email campaign, there will be the prompt to select a candidate list under the Recipients tab. Select a list of candidates to whom you wish to send the email, and a sample selection of candidates will display - with a count.
- Click the Next button to continue.
- Under the Preview tab, you can review the email and make any changes by clicking the the Edit or Settings tabs to return to that stage. You can also view the email as one of the recipients on your selected list via the Preview as drop down.
Sending the email
- It's a good idea to test the email, so click the Send test button, choose a recipient user from the drop down and click the Send button.
- When you're happy that the email is rendering as it should be, click the Next button and proceed to the Send screen.
Note: This step is available to Email Campaigns only. For all other emails, the Preview screen is the final stage.
- Click the Send button to email the number of candidates displayed, and the email will save automatically.
Monitoring emails to be sent
On the Emails screen, is the Sending tab to indicate the campaign is progressing as large campaigns could take hours to completely send to all recipients.