Recruitment Marketing Public
SMS can be leveraged in multiple areas in the Recruitment Marketing module. Read on for more information.
In Recruitment Marketing, you can create and send an SMS text message campaigns to many candidates at once, just as you would an email campaign. Deliver updates on job opportunities, career fairs, hiring events, and more. You can message all candidates in a list or all candidates in a particular stage in one of your projects.
Creating the SMS
- From the side menu, under CRM click Chat Messages.
- From the drop down, select what your chat template will be used for:
- Campaign - which is designed for a one-time message, manually sent to a specific candidate list.
Workflow - this leverages the platform's automation capabilities. The messages will be sent automatically when a candidate activates one of your workflow triggers when:
- their ATS status changes
- they complete a particular call-to-action
- they fulfil a Recruitment Marketing chatbot intent.
- Ensure the Chat type is set to SMS.
- Click the New button to create a template.
- On the New Chat Message Template page, enter a template name.
- Ensure the What will this chat be used for? is set to either Campaign or Workflow depending on your need.
- From the From drop down, select a sender to whom the message will be attributed. If that user's account has been set up with its own dedicated phone number, this number will appear in the candidate's inbox / from field. If no individual phone number has been assigned, the company's number will be used instead. Regardless of which sender is selected, any candidate responses will be visible to all team members with a Recruitment Marketing account in the platform's Shared Inbox and with the candidate's profile.
- In the Message content area, compose your smart message using the personalisation merge fields available from the drop down. With these, you can provide a personal touch by automatically using each individual candidate name or the name of the selected sender.
- Click the Save button.
Configuring the SMS
On the next page, the display tabs vary depending on the type selected.
- If the Usage type was set to Campaign, the Recipients tab will display next, where you can choose a list of candidates to which the SMS will be sent.
- If the Usage type was set to Workflow, the Preview tab will display next, and the Send tab will not display - This is because a Workflow SMS is sent automatically (for example: when a candidate completes a specific call-to-action, or is assigned a specific status in the ATS), i.e. it is behaviour-based, rather than list-based.
For more information refer to automated SMS text messages.
- Click the Next step button to continue.
- Under the Preview tab, you can review the SMS message and make any changes by clicking the Edit or Settings tabs to return to that stage.
Sending the SMS
- It's a good idea to test the SMS message, so click the Send test button, choose a recipient user from the drop down and click the Send button.
- Click the Send button to SMS the number of candidates displayed, and the SMS message will save automatically.