SMS is fast becoming the go-to means of connecting with candidates in a busy, talent-driven world, and PageUp is proud to facilitate these connections within its CRM.
SMS can be leveraged in multiple areas in the Recruitment Marketing module. Read on for more information.
In Recruitment Marketing, you can create and send an SMS text message to many candidates at once, just as you would an email campaign. Deliver updates on job opportunities, career fairs, hiring events, and more. You can message all candidates in a list or all candidates in a particular stage on your sourcing board.
Creating the SMS
- From the side menu, under CRM click Chat Messages.
- From the Usage drop down, select either SMS type:
- Campaign - which is designed for a one-time, manual send to a specific candidate list
Workflow - to leverages the platform's automation capabilities, sending automatically when a candidate activates the workflow trigger by
- their ATS status changing,
- they complete a particular call-to-action, or
- they fulfil a Recruitment Marketing chatbot intent.
- Ensure the Chat type is set to SMS.
- Click the New button to create a template.
- On the New Chat Message Template page, enter a template name.
- Ensure the What will this chat be used for? is set to either Campaign or Workflow depending on your need.
- From the From drop down, select a sender to whom the message will be attributed. If that user's account has been set up with its own dedicated phone number, this number will appear in the candidate's inbox / from field. If no individual phone number has been assigned, the company's number will be used instead. Regardless of which sender is selected, any candidate responses will be visible to all team members with a Recruitment Marketing account in the platform's Shared Inbox.
- In the Message content area, compose your message using the personalisation merge fields available from the drop down.
- Click the Save button.
Configuring the SMS
On the next page, the tabs that display vary depending on the type selected.
- If the Usage type was set to Campaign, the Recipients tab will display next, where you can choose a list of candidates to which the SMS will be sent.
- If the Usage type was set to Workflow, the Preview tab will display next, and the Send tab will not display - This is because a Workflow SMS is sent automatically (for example: when a candidate completes a specific call-to-action, or is assigned a specific status in the ATS), i.e. it is behaviour-based, rather than list-based.
For more information refer to automated SMS text messages.
- Click the Next step button to continue.
- Under the Preview tab, you can review the email and make any changes by clicking the Edit or Settings tabs to return to that stage.
Sending the SMS
- It's a good idea to test the email, so click the Send test button, choose a recipient user from the drop down and click the Send button.
- Click the Send button to SMS the number of candidates displayed, and the email will save automatically.