Projects allow you to collaboratively build talent pipelines in partnership with your colleagues and stakeholders, so that you can ensure that you have the right people ready to go when you need them.
By harnessing the investment you've made in driving traffic to your Recruitment Marketing powered career site, Projects make it easy for you to identify engaged candidates who are the best fit for your organisation's needs.
Once you've selected candidates to include in your pipeline, it is easy to leverage the power of Recruitment Marketing's marketing automation functionality directly from within the Project to nurture and engage these individuals as you progress them through the stages of your pipeline, and eventually progress them into applicants within your ATS.
What are projects?
Projects allow you to manage pipelines of candidates. The project may be linked directly to one or more job postings, or alternatively, they can operate completely independently of a job posting, as may be the case when you are building a pipeline for a particular job family or geographic location.
The project consists of a number of defined stages, through which a candidate is workflowed. The stages, which are defined by the project template which is assigned to the project, are configurable, and customers may create additional templates to suit their needs.
Projects can be managed by selecting Projects from the CRM section on the side menu.
The Projects screen allows you to view existing projects which you are working on, as well as providing an option for you to create a new project.
You can change your view as follows:
- All Projects - all projects you are working on, either as the owner, or as a collaborator.
- Favourite Projects - projects which you've marked as a favourite
- My Projects - projects which you are the owner of
- Collaborative Projects - projects which you've been assigned to as a collaborator by the project owner
When viewing the list of projects, you are able to see a summary of the number of candidates at each category within the project, and from the action menu, you are able to edit or archive the project.
You can view a project by clicking on the name of the project within this screen.
If you have been added as a collaborator to a project, you are able to accept that invitation from this screen.
Creating a project
- From the side menu, under CRM click Projects.
- On the Projects screen, click New Project.
- Complete the following:
- Project Name - provide an appropriate name for this project.
- Associated Job(s) - optionally assign job postings to this project.
- Hiring Template - select the hiring template you would like to utilise for this project.
- Invite Team Collaborators - optionally invite colleagues to collaborate with you on this project.
- Click the Create Project button.
When creating a new project, you will automatically be assigned as the owner of the project.
Any collaborators you add will receive an email inviting them to join the project. They will be able to accept this invitation from the Projects screen when they log into the system.
Once the project has been created, you will be redirected to that project to allow you to start adding candidates.
Creating a project template
- From the side menu, under Company click Settings.
- Under Projects click Project templates.
- Click Manage project templates.
- From the top right, click New.
Alternatively, to edit an existing template, click the name of the relevant template.
- Enter a project template name, for example: Finance pipeline.
- Select the checkbox if this project template should appear first in the template listing.
- Click Save.
- Click New to add a stage.
- Enter a stage name.
- Select the relevant category.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 8-11 for any additional stages required for the template.
Adding candidates to a project
When you view a project, you will initially be presented with the Talent search tab.
From the Talent Search tab, you will be able to add candidates from your CRM database to a stage within the project.
You can utilise the filters on the left of this screen to search for candidates who are a good fit for this particular project.
Additionally, you can use the Suggested candidates toggle at the top right of the screen to limit your search to only candidates who have been recommended one of the associated jobs by the behavioural recommendations engine.
The following information, where available, will be shown for candidates:
- Current job title
- Contact information (email and / or mobile number)
- Employment history
- Education history
- Interaction score
- Assigned tags
Additionally, the following information is shown to help you understand any current or previous activity which has occurred in relation to this candidate:
- Views - which colleagues have viewed this candidate's profile
- Contacts - which colleagues have had contact with this candidate, and when was the latest contact
- Projects - which other projects is this candidate a member of
- Emails - a count of emails, and a summary of messages
- SMS - a count of SMS messages, and a summary of messages
- Notes - a count of notes, and a summary of recent notes
Once you have identified an individuals you would like to add to the project, you can click the button on the right hand side of the card to move them to the first stage within the project. The exact label for this button will depend on how you have named the first stage of the project.
Alternatively, you can add candidates in bulk by selecting the checkbox next to the candidate, and then selecting either the first stage, or an alternate stage from the sub-menu above the candidate cards.
Working with a project
Once you have added candidates to one or more stages within your project, you can click on the Pipeline tab at the top of the Project screen to work with those candidates.
At the top of the Pipeline screen you will be able to view all of the stages within the project, along with a count of the number of candidates currently sat at that particular stage. To view a particular stage, click the name, and you will presented with a view of the relevant candidates.
When viewing a stage, you can perform a number of frequently completed actions directly from this screen. These actions include:
- Move the candidate to another stage
- Send the candidate an email
- Send the candidate an SMS
- Remove the candidate from the project
- Share them with a colleague
- Extract a csv file of their profile overview
- Add or remove tags
- Set a reminder relating to this candidate
- Add the candidate to a user triggered workflow
To view the candidate's full candidate profile, simply click their name.
Viewing project activity
You can view a history of the activity relating to this project by clicking the Activity tab at the top of project screen.
Updating project settings
To update settings, or to add new collaborators to the project, click the Settings tab at the top of the project screen.