When it comes to building candidate profiles, every company has a different set of information needs that they wish to see reflected.
To accommodate that, Recruitment Marketing supports the creation of custom data fields for candidate profiles. This means that you can now build out better, more detailed profiles that cater specifically to your company's information needs.
For example, in addition to core details such as name, email, phone number, and social accounts, candidate profiles can now be edited to include whatever custom information your company considers valuable. This could be anything from the candidate's address or nickname, to their favourite colour, number of weeks notice they're required to give their current employer, or their preferred department for employment in your organisation.
Creating a custom data field
- From the side menu, under Company click Settings.
- Under Candidate click Candidate custom fields.
- Click the New button.
- Complete the following details:
- What is the name of this field - enter name, which will appear above the field if Label (if different from field name) has been left blank.
- Mapping Name - select either one of the 10 string fields or 10 dropdown fields.
- Is this field required - This checkbox may or may not be visible based on the type of field you have selected. If you wish completion of the field to be a mandatory step when editing a candidate profile, select to check.
- Enter an optional placeholder - This checkbox may or may not be visible based on the type of field you have selected. Complete if you you would like your new field to display some default text that would help guide recruiters.
- Label (if different from field name) - More applicable to the creation of candidate-facing custom fields for form-type CTAs, fill this out only if you wish to see something different to the field name above the field information when it appears on the candidate profile. For example, the "Field name" may be "Dept." but the "Label" you enter may be "Candidate's preferred department".
- Show this in Advanced Search - Select this if you would like this new custom field to be available as a data type in the Advanced Search feature i.e. if you would like to be able to search for candidates based on the information entered in this field. Custom data fields for candidates can also be used in the creation of smart lists.
- Click the Save button.
- Back at the Candidate custom fields screen, if the new custom data field type is a Drop down, you can add the drop down options by clicking the Options link.
- On the Options for field page, click the New button.
- Enter a name.
- Click the Save button. Repeat to add other drop down options as required.
- Click the Back link to return to the Candidate custom fields listing.
Once created, custom fields for candidates are applied to all existing and future candidate in your company's CRM and are visible to all team members. These data fields can also be used in searches and in smart list creation.
Using a custom data field
To see your custom field in use, go to Candidates via the top or left navigation, search for a specific individual, or, choose one from a list.
- From the side menu, under CRM click Candidates.
- Use the search options to find the relevant candidate.
- Click the candidate's name to open their profile.
- Click the View Full Profile button.
- Next to their name, click the Actions icon then select Edit.
- Scroll down to the Custom Fields and enter the required information.
- Click the Save button to keep the settings.