Recruitment Marketing Public
SMS is fast becoming the go-to means of connecting with candidates in a busy, talent-driven world. Leveraging the Workflow feature in Recruitment Marketing, you can now send automated SMS text messages to candidates who complete a specific call-to-action or whose status is updated in the ATS.
Note: This knowledge article assumes you have already set up SMS phone numbers in your account with a positive credit balance. For more information, refer to SMS text messaging or contact your Customer Success representative.
To create a workflow that sends an SMS:
- From the side menu, under CRM click Workflows.
- Click the New button.
- Enter a name for the workflow.
- Complete the other fields as required. For more information on the various components including Trigger, Call-to-Action, and Web Campaign, refer to Creating a workflow.
To update an existing workflow that sends an SMS:
- Open any workflow from your list and add a new workflow step.
You can now start to build out or add to your workflow by adding steps. These are the actions that will occur automatically once a candidate completes the previously selected call-to-action, and, where designated, matches with the pre-set criteria.
Creating the SMS workflow step
- Beneath the Workflow item, click the New icon to add your first workflow step.
- On the screen that follows, make the relevant selections from the drop-downs.
In relation to the Sender:
- The candidate will see the SMS phone number that was allocated to the user at the time of SMS account activation. Where no individual user numbers are assigned, the general company number is used.
- Depending on this choice, the company name or recruiter's name will appear as the "From"
- Candidate responses via SMS will appear in that candidate's CRM record as well as in the Shared Inbox. A notification will also be sent to the user to whom they are replying. This notification contains the full content of the candidate's response.
- At this stage, it's important to ensure that you select the Chat Template Kind as SMS, as well as the correct template to ensure the correct message, in the correct format, is sent to the candidate.
- Click the Save button to keep the settings and return to the Workflow screen.
A green dot alongside the Workflow name indicates that the workflow is live and will be triggered by anyone who triggers the event that kicks off the workflow. Workflows are live by default.
To pause a workflow, return to the Workflows list screen (via the top navigation on the screen above, or the left hand menu) and click the associated Pause icon.
For more information refer to the following articles: