Recruitment Marketing's ATS integrations map standard fields from the ATS data model to related fields within the Recruitment Marketing data model. On occasions, a customer may have a business need to map non-standard data from their ATS into the Recruitment Marketing system, and in many cases the ATS Field Mappings functionality helps achieve that with the use of standard system functionality.
The ability for a customer to map custom data fields is primarily reliant on the availability of that data within the standard API responses retrieved from the relevant ATS system. The mapping functionality described below can only be utilised if the relevant data field is included in the API response.
In some circumstances, the customer may be able to work with their ATS vendor to include additional data points within the standard API response, thus making those data points available to be mapped using the ATS Field Mappings functionality.
There are two distinct ways that a value from the ATS can be mapped into Recruitment Marketing:
- Assign ATS value - the values from the ATS are considered to be the source of truth, and are added to the Recruitment Marketing database each time. In the case of a dropdown field, if a new value is received which doesn't currently exist in the dropdown field, that additional item will be added to dropdown field options.
- Assign dropdown field option - any jobs received via this ATS integration are automatically assigned the selected value for this field.
More information on Job Template Fields is available here.
Note: it is recommended that you work with your Customer Success Manager to validate any changes you plan to make to your ATS Field Mappings.
Creating ATS Field Mappings
- From the side menu, under Integrations click ATS.
- Click the link under the Field Mappings heading for the ATS Integration you are looking to add the field mapping to.
- Click New.
- Select the Type of Mapping based on the descriptions above.
- Select the Language used for mapping - this defines how Recruitment Marketing should derive the value from the ATS vendors API response. Available options are: Classic (which uses proprietary syntax to specify the path to the data field - see examples below) or Liquid (which utilises the Liquid query language). It is recommended that Liquid is chosen as the preferred language.
- Select the Job Template Field you wish to map the ATS value to.
- If the selected language type is Classic:
- What is the path to the ATS UID field - enter the path of the node which represents the Unique Identifier for the relevant field
- What is the path to the ATS Name field - enter the path of the node which represents the display name or value for the relevant field
- If the selected language is Liquid (preferred):
- ATS UID Liquid expression - enter the Liquid which represents the Unique Identifier for the relevant field
- ATS name Liquid expression - enter the Liquid which represents the display name or value for the relevant field
- If the type of mapping is Assign dropdown field option, then select the relevant field from the Dropdown field option list.
- Click Save.
Classic Mapping Syntax
The following are examples of the classic mapping syntax.
Example 1: a node called department exists at the root level:
Example 2: a node called custom_field exists at the root level, and contains a child note called name:
Example 3: a collection of jobReqLocales exists. The externalTitle from the first result in the collection should be used: