A carousel is a slideshow which allow for the cycling of a series of content within a content block on a page within your career site.
Carousels are made up of a series of slides, which can be cycled manually by the visitor, or can be configured to auto-cycle after a specified amount of time. Within each slide, there can be one or more items of content.
Common scenarios where carousel blocks are utilised include:
- Page header images
- Employee testimonials
- Displaying awards / logos
An example of a carousel is shown here:
Creating lists of FAQs
To create a new list of FAQs:
- In the main menu, select Careers Website.
- Within the Career Website section, from the top menu, select Carousels.
- On the Carousels page, select New from the top right of the screen.
- Complete the following information:
- Name - this is the friendly name used to identify this list of FAQs
- Item count - this is the number of slides that will be included in the carousel. Additional slides can be added later.
- Click Save.
Adding or editing slide content
- On the Carousels page, click the link under the Items column.
- Select the slide that you want to update from the selector at the top of the page:
- From the drop down list, select the Number of columns that you would like to feature on this slide. Note: each slide can have a differing number of columns.
- Once you have selected the desired number of columns for the slide, start adding content by clicking Add (or Edit) on the column you would like to update.
- Add content to the slide by completing the edit screen
Options available include:
- Choose image: select the image that you would like to appear on this column.
- Header: defines any header text to appear on the column.
- Description: defines text to appear as the body of the column.
- Click Save to keep the changes to that column.
- Repeat the process for other columns within the slide.
- Use the selector at the top to toggle to other slides within the carousel, and repeat steps 3 to 6 above.
Other options available:
- The ordering of the items can be amended by clicking the relevant left/right arrow.
- If your career website is configured to present multiple languages, the translation icon will be available to allow translations of the question and answer text to be entered.
Adding a Carousel to a web page
Once you have created a carousel, you can add it to a page in your career site, by adding the Carousel block to that particular page.
- Using the page editor, select the block that you want to use to display the FAQ list.
- From the Content Block Library, select Carousel.
Now that the block has been added, click the edit icon to configure the display of the block.
The following settings are available:
- Carousel name: This is the name of the carousel that will be presented in this particular block
- Show directional arrows: determines whether directional arrows will be displayed at the right and left of the carousel to allow the visitor to scroll to the next slide.
- Show indicator dots: determines whether indicator dots, showing the number of slides, and allowing the visitor to scroll to a specific slide, will be visible under the carousel.
- Scrolling interval: determines whether the slides will auto-scroll after the specified period of time.
The styling of the carousel block can be adapted by adding appropriate CSS to the relevant page theme.