Sign in with LinkedIn is available for use in Recruitment Marketing calls-to-action.
Once enabled, not only does this feature facilitate faster, easier completion of calls-to-actions by candidates, it also sends that candidate’s LinkedIn profile information over to their candidate record in the Recruitment Marketing module.
Recruitment Marketing focuses on the 'pre-apply' stage, therefore this additional call-to-action feature is different to Apply with LinkedIn.
The Sign in with LinkedIn button will only show if:
- the current candidate is unknown (such as a prospect) and
- the current candidate has not previously authorised LinkedIn
Note: If a candidate wishes to disconnect from LinkedIn, they can do so by going to their Candidate Settings and clicking the relevant button.
The below information will guide through configuring the Sign in with LinkedIn feature for your careers website.
Creating a LinkedIn app and requesting approval
- Navigate to LinkedIn Developers and login to your organisation's account.
- From the top menu, click My apps.
- Click Create new.
- On the Create an app page complete the following:
- App name - This displays when the candidate attempts to pre-fill their details with for the first time. Include your organisation name and Careers, for example Aqua Careers.
- LinkedIn Page - enter the name of your organisation's LinkedIn page.
- App logo - click to upload a logo, this will also display to the candidate the first time.
- Click the Create app button.
LinkedIn will review the request and usually after a few hours, you'll get an email confirming the approval.
- Click My apps then View all apps.
- Click the new app, for example Aqua Careers.
- The App settings display.
- Click the Auth tab.
- Copy the Client ID and later the Client Secret.
Adding the credentials to PageUp Company Settings
- Navigate back to Recruitment Marketing.
- From the side menu, under Company click Settings.
- Under Web click Sign in with LinkedIn.
- Complete the following:
- LinkedIn Client ID - paste in from above
- LinkedIn Client Secret - copy & paste in from above
- Click the Save button.
Enabling Sign in with LinkedIn on a CTA
- From the side menu, under Content click Calls-To-Action.
- Click New to create a new CTA or edit an existing one.
- Ensure the Show Autofill by LinkedIn checkbox is selected.
- Click the Save button.
Linking the app to a website
- Navigate back to LinkedIn Developers > App settings > Auth tab.
- Click the pencil icon to add additional URLs.
- Enter the careers URL, for example:
- Add to the end
Refresh the careers website page and the Sign in with LinkedIn option displays.