A Workflow is a series of automated actions triggered by a specific candidate event; completing a particular call-to-action, for example, or progressing to a different stage in the ATS. By automating outreach at key touch-points on the candidate journey, Workflows encourage the growth of a better-informed and more engaged talent network. This leads to more effective, more efficient recruiting overall.
The Sequences features takes the platform's workflows tool to the next level, bringing together proven drip-marketing techniques with Recruitment Marketing's own automation functionality. Leveraging our sophisticated Emails feature, the Sequences tab lets users construct and activate a series of personalised emails, delivered to candidates at intervals chosen by you, with just a few clicks.
Creating a new workflow sequence
- From the side menu, under CRM click Emails.
- From the Email Type drop down, select Campaign.
- Click the New button.
- Name your email
Note: Bear in mind that delivery of this email will act as the trigger for the automated sequence.
- Select an email theme.
- Click the Save button.
- At the Edit screen, make changes if required and click the Next step button
- Edit the email as required, and click the Next Step button proceed through the Settings, Recipients and Preview tabs, filling out the relevant fields on each screen.
- On the Sequences screen, select the Set up a sequence option, then additional fields will display.
- Enter a name for the email sequence
- Set the delay between emails
- The Workflow Emails are previously created emails that will serve as the drip-marketing campaign or sequence collateral.
If you need to create some new workflow emails, refer to Creating and sending emails.
- Click the Save button to generate the sequence and return to the Sequences screen where you can click the name or Edit icon to review it.
The screenshot below illustrates the Sequence generated using the above configuration.
- If you wish to add a step to manage those candidates who do fulfil the if/else branch rule, i.e. Candidate replied IS equal to true, you can do so by clicking the New icon on the YES branch below (# 1).
- If you wish to edit or delete a step, you can do so using the appropriate step tools highlighted below (# 2).
- As indicated by the green dot alongside the heading Workflow (first step), the sequence will be live by default. You can pause it at any time by navigating to the main Workflows screen and clicking the Pause icon.