This page describes the transfer of data from Human Resource Information Systems (such as SAP, Oracle, Workday, Unit4, Banner and Peoplesoft) to the PageUp People web application. The preferred method for integration is the packaging of data in delimited ASCII files and securely transferring them to a PageUp People sFTP server for pickup by a data importer.
Why is the import integration type beneficial for you?
This import integration type is preferred by PageUp People because it caters for batch export operations, higher data load and does away with synchronisation issues introduced by other mechanisms.
PageUp processes the contents of the files on a scheduled basis and batch inserts or updates the information.
The importer parses the contents of the files and adds new information to the system or updates existing information. Data that does not appear in the files but which exists in the PageUp People web application (PPWA) is archived.
Important: If your organisation has been using the PageUp People web application without an integration a data mapping exercise may be required to ensure pre-existing data aligns with the data within your HRIS before the automated integration is enabled. This is a key step to prevent duplicate data from being created.
Refer to the Inbound data formats for a full list of files and their relevant fields that the PageUp web application can process. To get the most value out of the system while keeping the integration streamlined, the following files are recommended:
- User file
- Position file
- Business unit files (1 to 4)
- Cost centre
This list is intended as a guide only, please review the Inbound data formats or contact your PageUp representative to discuss further.
It is possible to create and edit importer schedules and import files from within PageUp. This functionality can be accessed via System settings, click the Integration group and then click Import Configuration.
If unsure about any of the information on this page, please contact PageUp to discuss further. These processes can pose a high risk to your data and incorrect system configuration may cause issues. For example, an incorrect User file has the potential to prevent all users from accessing PageUp correctly.
Sample files can be downloaded below:
These sample files will give you an idea of how data should appear in the flat file to be sent over to PageUp for processing.
Right-click and select 'Save As':
|Work type||Business unit 2|
|User||Business unit 1|
|Position file||Control Position to Position file|
The information must be structured into a flat file using one of the following supported file formats:
- *.CSV (pipe/comma delimited)
- *.TXT (pipe/comma delimited)
The following section details the requirements for the data files passed to the PageUp People web application.
|Receiving component||PageUp People||PageUp People|
|Type of interface||Secured FTP||sFTP login details will be provided.
Additional information is located on the SFTP specifications and connection details page.
|Frequency of import||Nightly|
|Time for import||2 am|
Rules and requirements
- Data files are to be created as flat files
- Data within the text files is to be either pipe (|) or comma (,) delimited
- Data files will be archived and retained for a maximum of 45 days post processing
- PageUp will report on any processing exceptions
- Importer issues will be prioritised from a support perspective
- Data files should maintain a consistent naming convention and include the file date as part of the file name. For example User-20130920.txt
- The user and position need to have a 1:1 relationship
- Information in each data file will be matched to the appropriate item in the PageUp People application based on the "Number" column
- Each data file should contain a listing of all records that should be active within the PageUp People application. "Delta" files are not supported
- Items included in the data file that does not exist in the PageUp People web application will be created
- Items existing in both the data file and in the PageUp People web application will be updated from the data file
- Items existing in the PageUp People web application that are not included in the data file will be archived. The data remains archived and is retained for historical and reporting purposes.