When Recruitment Marketing pulls in live jobs from your ATS, information on their associated departments / categories comes too. When a candidate opts in to job alerts via the Apply Call-to-Action (CTA) as the first step of the application process, they will receive an email notification when a new job matching the department / category and location of the job to which they originally applied becomes available.
When a stand-alone job alert CTA is added to your homepage, the department / category and location fields will not be pre-filled and candidates will have to choose their own from the drop downs provided.
When a stand-alone job alert CTA is added to a job page, the Department and Location fields in a Job Alert CTA will appear pre-filled in correspondence with the details of the job on that page. The candidate can accept these suggestions and click Send to opt-in, or, they can broaden their job alerts scope and choose to receive notifications about new jobs in additional departments / categories and or locations by selecting them from the drop down lists provided.
In all cases, it is now possible to include departments / categories in the drop down regardless of whether they have live jobs or not. As the information for live jobs is pulled in automatically during the ATS sync, adding departments / categories that do not currently have any live jobs is a step that must be completed manually.
- From the side menu, under Company click Settings.
- Under Jobs click Job categories or Job Departments - depending on which is in use by your company and ATS.
- To add any departments you wish to make available in the job alerts opt-in that aren’t currently listed, click the New button.
- Enter a Display Name.
- Click the Save button.
- Once all required departments are displaying in the list, from the the drop down, select All departments available, or All categories available.
- Now, when you navigate to your Job Search page on the career site, under Department or Category, you should see all departments / categories listed, including those that show 0 for the number of available jobs.
- By the same measure, candidates will now be able to request job alerts for any/all departments / categories the company makes available on the Company Settings screen, including those that show 0 for the number of available jobs.